Save the date - International conference MANUFACTURING CURIOSITY
The UNESCO Convention on the protection and promotion of cultural expressions (2005) involves today 139 States and the European Union. Several Parts to the Convention are pleading in favour of a better consideration of digital issues in the implementation of the Convention. Manufacturing Curiosity will focus on a crucial dimension of the digital revolution : the impact of recommendation algorithms and social networks on the diversity of cultural expressions.
Manufacturing Curiosity will gather global actors of the digital world, engineers, public institutions and leading players of the Internet. These actors will engage a discussion on the impact of digital platforms on the shaping of individual tastes through four workshops.
- Carlo d’Asaro Biondo - President, Europe, Middle-East and Africa, Strategic relations, Google
- Karol Beffa - Composer
- Anne Bergman-Tahon - Head of the Federation of European Publishers
- Irina Bokova - Director-General of UNESCO
- Abdel Bounane - CEO, Bright
- Axel Dauchez - CEO, Publicis France
- Emmanuel Durand - Vice President Marketing France – Warner Bros
- Guillaume de Fondaumière - Co-CEO, Quantic Dream
- Saul Ingram - Co-founder and CEO, Tondo (Art Social Network)
- Denis Ladegaillerie - Digital editor & Co-founder, Digital Minds Network
- Octavio Kulesz - CEO, Believe
- Pierre Louette - Co-CEO and Secretary-General, Orange
- Ziad Maalouf - Journalist and Producer, Radio France Internationale (RFI)
- Verena Metze-Mangold - President of the German Commission for UNESCO
- Frédéric Mion - Director of SciencesPo
- Cait O’Riordan - Vice President of Product, Shazam
- Fleur Pellerin - French Minister of Culture and Communication (tbc)
- Nicolas Petit - General Manager and COO, Microsoft France
- Arnaud de Puyfontaine - President of the Management Board of Vivendi
- Ramzi Rizk - Co-Founder & CTO, EyeEm
- Amit Sood - Head of Google’s European Cultural Institute
- Andrey Sebrant - Director of Product Marketing, Yandex
- Jean-Noël Tronc - CEO, SACEM (Union of Authors, Composers and Editors of Music), France
- Charles Vallerand - Head of the international federation of coalitions for the cultural diversity
- Alice Zagury - Founder and CEO, The Family
Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 9.45 a.m to 8.45 p.m
At UNESCO’s Headquarters
(125 avenue de Suffren, Paris 7e), Room IV, with French - English translation.
The French National Commission for UNESCO and UNESCO (Culture Sector), with the support of Vivendi, Google, the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, SACEM (Union of Authors, Composers and Editors of Music), Yandex and Storycode.